HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017
Dear Rosewood Park School Community,
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that you were able to relax and spend some quality time with family and friends.
It’s hard to believe that second semester is already here. As I reflect on our first half of the school year I cannot help but marvel at the obvious delight emanating from the faces of the children I see every day. The atmosphere of joyful learning has become widespread and contagious. This synergy has infected all of us, the adults, who strive to take your child to next level of learning.
We have much to celebrate and a few highlights from first semester include:
- Math Intervention (Dreambox) was a Math program established for our students who need help in mathematics. In addition to that program, after school tutoring was created to assist students who need extra help.
- The Grand Opening of the Rams Lounge. This lounge was created so that all Rosewood Park School personnel could partake in each other’s company during their lunch time or break.
- Back to School Night was a great success due to all of the parents and students who attended. School staff members enjoyed meeting their students’ families. The refreshments provided by student clubs, organizations and the PTA were a hit with everyone.
- Coffee with the Principal and Parent workshops were a success. Meeting with parents and establishing positive and productive conversations/dialogue was very enjoyable.
- The Rosewood Park School Garden had the opportunity to display and sell produce during the RPS Farmer’s Market. In the Farmer’s Market that was hosted by us, all schools in MUSD, displayed and show cased their own student-led gardens.
- As one of our fundraisers, sponsored by AVID, we had McTeacher Night at McDonalds. Teachers and RPS personnel had the opportunity to volunteer as McDonalds employees and serve all customers that came into the restaurant from 4pm-8pm. It was a lot of McFun!!!!
- Data Teams and Data boards is a practice that all our teachers have established at RPS. Teachers meet twice a month, as a data team, and discuss curricular goals for their respective grade levels/subjects. When completing their data cycle, teachers created a data board in which they provided pre-test results/data, student work, graphs, post-test results/data and next steps.
- Two new student clubs were established and they are the Rams Renaissance and the Music Club. The Rams Renaissance’ mission is to provide students, from Grades 6-8, an opportunity to engage in Ram filled spirited events. This club is advised by Mr. Ortiz. The Music Club is a club that will tune in our kids to be passionate about Music. This club is advised by Mr. De La Torre.
- Red Ribbon week, Halloween Parade, War on Hunger and the Holiday Program were events that displayed the character and spirit of what it means to be a Ram. All students, parents, teachers and community members participated in these events.
What’s in store for second semester?
As we embark into second semester, we will focus on our upcoming SBAC test. We will ensure you that we will challenge all our students to rigorous and relevant instruction that will enable them to communicate, collaborate, critically-think and create.
In addition to that, safety for all will be my main priority. Therefore, all gates will be locked, except for the one in the front office, from 7:35am to 1:40pm. If you need any assistance or entry unto campus you must check in the front office.
Finally, in partnership with our families and community, we are creating a culture of college and career ready students who will be ready for the 21st century. I am looking forward in working with you and your children where everyone is a learner, everyone is a teacher and everyone is a leader!